Posted by Cornell Insider Staff on August 3, 2009
- The government’s “cash for clunkers” program ran out of cash, but people are still lining up with clunkers. Now Congress wants to throw $2 billion more to continue this “fleet modernization program.”
- Taking a page out of Alexander Tyler’s book, Bill O’Reilly cites Benjamin Franklin on the end of the republic and weighs in on the health care debate. According to his article, 65% of Americans want fewer government services and lower taxes.
- Krauthammer also discusses the retreat of Obamacare.
- The RCP Blog has a telling piece on media bias in the treatment of two powerful African American women, Condoleezza Rice and Michelle Obama.
- Sorry hippies and health-conscious consumers, but a new study finds that organic food has no health benefits over ordinary food.
- This week’s Economist leader is all about Obama. The British newspaper criticizes him for delegating too much to Congress and coming up short on his health care and energy reform promises.
- The Nixon Center (my internship spot for the summer) recently hosted a panel discussion on the future of the Republican Party and its foreign policy.