Posted by Oliver Renick on February 1, 2011
We first reported on Saturday that Cornell’s student currently in Egypt was on her way out. The Daily Sun subsequently confirmed on Monday that this was true. Today, the Huffington Post published an interview with Carolyn Witte ’12, the student studying in Egypt, who on Sunday was trapped in the Alexandria airport.
“All of the Egyptians thought this was just some protest and nothing really big was going to happen,” Carolyn Witte told The Huffington Post in her twelfth hour stranded at the closed airport in Alexandria, Egypt.
In other news, Cornell International Affairs Review has begun a blog, The Diplomacist! Should be exciting and full of great perspective on national news stories. Good title and hopefully they’ll be a bit better at reading ‘about us’ sections than MetaEzra when it comes to understanding political perspectives.
Posted in Campus Insiders, National News | Tagged: Cornell International Affairs Review, Egypt Protests | 1 Comment »
Posted by Cornell Insider Staff on December 7, 2009
As we begin study week, here’s an extra long MRM to assist with your procrastination.
- MetaEzra seems to be optimistic about the idea of a “College of Public Policy.”
Cornell International Affairs Review
- This has to be a joke to make the cash strapped administration feel good, right?
- Let us hope this product does not hit college campuses any time soon. (Via Paul Ibrahim)
- A great feature on the Cornell International Affairs Review.
- “Is Any Rand Bad for Libertarianism?”
- John Fund believes that Democrats are appeasing their liberal base on the issue of health care reform.
- The Economist breaks down the upcoming Copenhagen Summit. Will Climategate affect the outcome?
- Americans care as much as Russians about global warming.
- Obama’s job approval rating holds steady at around 52%.
- For those outside the world of Cornell hockey, the Big Red managed to tie the defending national champion BU at MSG last Saturday (they’re not that great this year, so we really should have won). Here’s Bilmes’ pre-game post and the recap.
- Also in hockey news, there is a new initiative to encourage American hockey prospects to go NCAA over Canadian juniors.
Posted in Campus Insiders, National News | Tagged: Copenhagen, Cornell Hockey, Cornell International Affairs Review, Global Warming, Health Care Reform, Libertarianism, NCAA, Obama | Leave a Comment »